Tuesday 10 April 2012

Must Share.... umm... Tuesday?

Alright! 


Things I've learned this week:


1) You can schedule blog posts to upload when you are not around.
2) I must do this.
3) People do not expect GenYers to be web-pros.
4) I should at least learn to use my phone. (the whole thing, not just the apps I like!) 


I was going to be extra lazy and double post tomorrow, but amazing things happened today. So therefore I want to write about positivity. I'll share other people's awesome ideas tomorrow. I recently read that being happy, less stressed and more creative is all in your head, literally. What media you feed yourself and what you tell yourself internally make more than just a psychological difference, it can lengthen your life. 


I had to work two jobs; I grabbed my Dad's cell phone by accident and had to rush back home, switch them, and head out again, making me late for Job 1. My car's 'check engine' light came on this morning, and my foot started bleeding. It was cold, I had a headache, and I for some reason could not seem to remove that last cat hair from my black pants.


BUT


1) I got to see Sidneyeve Matrix (real name, no joke) Speak about my generation - and listen to Boomers and X'ers talk about Y's and Millenials... and it was encouraging! They might not completely get us, but they're willing to learn (and so are we) and that makes a massive difference. More on her later, she is fantastic!


2) Hillary Rodham Clinton made this


3) Ashley Judd defended women everywhere in a phenomenal article here


4) I wrote a blog post today. Maybe not my best, but personally refreshing and exciting all the same


5) I connected with many people in my field at a great event, and even a phone chat today. They're willing to help me find a job I love. 


 What did you do today that was great?


Do you remember the first time you tied your shoes? or rode a bike? or swam? or did anything for the first time? I bet you felt like the most amazingly talented person ever. You might have sucked. It might have been the worst shoelace knot known to humankind, but you had people there encouraging you, and you encouraging yourself. You tried something, and were happy enough with that first try to keep doing it.




Positivity is like that. 


The more you do it, the easier it becomes and the better you are. 


Better news? It's contagious. 




Try it yourself. Every day this week, write down three great things, or three things you did well. 


(Better yet, write them down in the comments below!)


Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment