Monday 30 April 2012

Homesick for an Airplane

I loathe flying. (and really, who enjoys it anyway?) Whether you turn left or right in that plane makes no difference. You are still stuffed into a metal can with a ton of other humans for 1-18 hours.


 Daniel Pink offers his best travel tips which you can read here, and are really helpful. Reading through his list makes me homesick for travel. The airplane food and screaming babies don't seem so horrendous as I sit at my desk and file through job ads.


Travel teaches.
Korea taught me that if I'm ever going to be a teacher, it won't be in a high school.
China taught me to appreciate personal space.
Americans are actually really, really, really nice.
British food isn't bad at all - just well developed for cold rainy days.
Toulouse, France is the coolest town on Earth, and I want to learn more French.




Travel taught me that I can learn anything, anywhere. As I sit here at my too white desk on a rainy Monday Morning, longing for low drum of Seoul traffic, I am reminded to be creative and stick to my goals. What keeps you motivated?




No comments:

Post a Comment